Saturday 18 April 2015

a quiet energy

With many of my quilts I tend to focus on bold & bright colour, but not this time!
Using a scrappy selection of low volume fabrics has created an interesting result.
It's a quilt that's easy to live with, it has a quiet restful energy about it
 ... I'll just let the photos do the talking!









a little colourful punch of orange binding 





a bit more #28
For more details, inspiration etc about my quilt see an earlier post here
And, I found a great solids version here
- variety certainly is the spice of life!
Linking up to Finish It Up Friday here over at Crazy Mom Quilts
and to tgiff here
My first FAL Q2 finish ticked off 'the list' woo-hoo!

Hope you had some time this weekend to be creative too!


11 comments:

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I love the touch of orange! You are right about how nice it is to have a change of scene with low volume fabrics, something I must put on my to-do list. Thanks for sharing!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

That's really lovely, and I like that the blocks are offset, it makes it all rather interesting :D

Lisa J. said...

This is a very lovely low volume quilt. It's a nice pattern as well.

Lisa J. said...

Thanks for the link to the colourful one as well. Quite a contrast .

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes this quilt is very peaceful - I like your fabrics.

TheItinerantChemist said...

Congrats on the finish and a lovely, soothing quilt. :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! This quilt was a real scrap eater! The fabrics are a wild assortment of lights & neutrals that I had on the shelf! I also had enough binding here in my stash, so that was good too! Thanx for stopping by, Linda

Jodi said...

Beautiful! Just got to work but I would love to go home, back to bed, and dream under this! Of course, the rainy day contributes to that feeling :-) I love the backing fabric, too! Wish you had shown more.

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking to the TGIFF. It is indeed a very peacefull quilt. Love the fabrics.

Raewyn said...

Gosh, it's come together beautifully - love that pop of colour on the binding. Congratulations on the finish!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Very nice, and great to have another finish. *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*