Wednesday 19 August 2015

what a difference a day makes!


After standing back and looking for a day, I worked out what was wrong with this quilt top! And it was so simple to fix... I unpicked one light pink block that was glaring at me and replaced it with a pretty peach/brown one. It seems to all blend together a bit better now, and I'm much happier too!








Quilt Top Stats:
Fabrics used included Anna Maria Horner, Kaffe, Denyse Schmidt 
and assorted others from my pre- modern stash.
My colour scheme was a selection of blues combined with brown 
- with the brown values ranging from peach, orange, brown, and cranberry. 
Block size 16" x 16" Finished quilt top size 2m x 1.75m
Waiting now for some quilting fairy magic! 

Here's the link to culturalfusion quilts for more inspiration!
Linking up with Lee for WiP Wednesday here 


15 comments:

Julie said...

Your old block looked good this however is definitely better. Had to go scrolling back through your photos to work out what you had changed.

Karyn said...

I think I am going to have to make one of these too! Yours looks good.

Marlene said...

Good change out Linda, I agree with you that it blends better now. Am loving this quilt top and think I will have to join the craze at the moment and make one.

Megan said...

I really like the brown tones of this quilt - it looks so warm and inviting.

Maryse said...

It's pretty! Nice color pick!

starflash quilts said...

Crazy colours! (in a good way)

Sujata Shah said...

Your fabric combinations are delightful. I love that plaid!!!

Cut&Alter said...

Whilst I hate unpicking and redoing it sometimes is the best route to happiness. So glad that you are now happy with the layout.

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks great again! I didn't notice the block that was bugging you. But I'm glad you're more happy with the quilt now. I neglected to deal with a large block that bothered me in a quilt top, and then I quilted it. So sorry I didn't do the unpicking before.

audrey said...

Love how your quilt looks! Very striking and yet soft too. I much prefer it these colors rather than some of the harsher color blends I've seen in others.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! It’s such a fun & easy pattern, lots of versions out there now, and no two alike! Cheers, Linda

Robyn said...

You have been such a prolific blogger lately! I'm glad you've been so productive, this one is looking great. :)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you Robyn! I do enjoy blogging, but computers & I do have a bit of a love/hate relationship though! And I just love all the inspiration thats floating around out there! L


Jasmine said...

What a fun quilt. I love how you called it your pre-modern stash. I keep my stash divided and am trying to use up my old stash.

Julierose said...

Oh just love how your rail fence came out--i think mine will be a neon sign!! Yikes--what was i thinking?? Guess with all that is going on here that is gloom and doom I needed to "break out" lol hugs, Julierose