Thursday 6 April 2017

random bits & pieces


A few random bits & pieces today and an update


First up, I'm wondering how I can use up my last few lovely scraps of 'outback wife' fabrics
I loved reading the design stories about these fabrics, like this one here about Elaine
- follow the link to check out more.




This week I received some happy mail 'Quilts for life made with love' by Judy Newman
It's my new favourite book, 
the quilts in it are very pretty and very scrappy, just what I love


And here's a recent fabric I've added to my stash, Bari J. Abloome Fusion
- I love its vintage look



Yesterday I ended up sorting threads - a long overdue task - instead of sewing
after a little Evie had lots of fun tipping my whole container out






And it must be about time for an update on my hexi WiP . . .
Glenys gave me some of her pretty doilies & vintage linens to add to my hexis
#friendsarewonderful






I decided to use the lace / crochet edgings too, some of these are really pretty

36 hexis can now be ticked off the list, slowly stitching but I'm in no hurry
For earlier details & inspiration source see back here

Linking up with Lorna for 'let's bee social' here at sewfreshquilts
and with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here at myquiltinfatuation
Happy Sewing,
Linda

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some very lovely work going on! Thanks so much for sharing the outback wives story. It was very touching. I will have to track down more of the stories.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Lots of beautiful things! Lovely post!

Mystic Quilter said...

Isn't the Judy Newman book just beautiful! I fell for the quilt on the cover as I received mine.
Your hexies are growing steadily and you have an abundant supply of doilies I think!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good idea on the hexies - the embroidery adds to it for sure

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanks Karen. Yes, I’m having lots of fun making lots of little fabric decisions!

Karen @runsewfun said...

The vintage linens in your hexies are absolutely beautiful. It's refreshing to read that you're in no hurry. Enjoy!

Afton Warrick said...

The doilies and linens are a lovely addition. Beautiful blocks!

Miaismine said...

Such beautiful projects! Loving those hexies! Somewhere in Blogland I read the mot wonderful thing: A blogger called one of her projects a "Forever" project! That immediately resonated with me and my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt! Thank you for sharing such beautiful projects and reminding us to slow down and enjoy the process!

Kate said...

Those hexies are gorgeous! Vintage linens are so pretty and you've found a perfect way to show case them.

audrey said...

Love those Outback Wife fabrics. They are so catchy and sparky.:)

Kaja said...

I really how the lace edge looks across the middle of that hexie - great idea. The Judy Newman quilts are so pretty - I'll look forward to seeing your take in due course.

pandchintz said...

Gorgeous hexies. So glad you have a copy of Judy's book - it's beautiful, isn't it. Now have some Outback Wife and must get going on my project for it.

gayle said...

Beautiful fabrics! And I'm always happy to see those hexies - they're all so gorgeous and fun.

Raewyn said...

Your new book does look like 'you' Linda! Your hexies are just gorgeous...how nice to have all the doilies etc for inspiration..what a loley journey you are on with them. What a lovely story about Elaine - I'll have to go back and read the previous 3 stories. I'm hoping to join in tomorrow although I have a full day so we'll see!