Sunday 6 May 2018

up & down geese


 My 'flying geese overload' quilt is finished.
Meredithe from pomegranateandchintz
suggested last week that maybe I could try every second row of geese flying upside down
- thanks Meredithe, such a great idea, I love the effect!



After getting the backing pieced and the layers all basted, I did some machine quilting.
Lots of parallel straight lines, evenly spaced across the quilt.
And I used a teal solid for the binding, it seemed to tie the whole quilt together really well. 







The fnished quilt is approx. 45" x 60" a great 'throw' size for the couch,
and that's another project crossed off the long list!
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
and with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here at myquiltinfatuation

15 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Oh wow, it’s finished and all, you’re so fast! I love the quilt!

Julie said...

Well that sure was a speedy finish. Looks great - what's next on the must make list.

Karen S said...

Love it. This is a great finish. Well done!

Quiltdivajulie said...

This quilt sings "JOY" for me --- gorgeous!

Leeanne said...

Great finish...........xx

gayle said...

Wow! That was fast! It's gorgeous!
(My first thought was 'Every Which Way but Goose', so don't let me name your quilts...)

Janie said...

Beautiful finish Linda!
I like Meredithe's advice too.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt is so inspiring. I might have to make flying geese as my TAX block for next year. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty! I love the combinations of fabrics and color that you put together. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Linda said...

Really lovely quilt, Linda. Meredith's idea of making alternate rows of geese go in the opposite direction was inspired, made your quilt just perfect. I agree, this binding was the right choice, shows the block patterns and colours of the quilt so beautifully.

Mystic Quilter said...

The change in direction of some of the flying gees units have made all the difference, beautiful.

Let's Get Sewing said...

This quilt is stunning! I really love your fabric choices.

audrey said...

Beautiful! Its great seeing the geese flying in different directions! Love that energy.:) And yes, your binding was spot on!

pandchintz said...

Wow, Linda! It looks fabulous! So glad you liked my suggestion and that it worked. Love the binding - it's perfect. Yay, you!

Kate said...

Oooh pretty! Love the colors and patterns.